In the land of the lost
They dug up a book of magic spells today
No one had seen spells like this before
Some of them were extremely weird
The cover of the book said:
And the people wondered if PO-etry was a black or white magic. The book was sent to an expert in magic and his assistant for examining.
Look at page 82
'Mumps on the breast
I didn't have to study for my urine test.'
nothing changes perception
quite like the brain.'
or how about
brain is slurred
this is what happens
when I think like the herd.'
The expert in magic confirmed it was white magic and shared the spells with everyone. The spells brought wonder and joy to the people in the land of the lost. And perhaps that is magic in itself.
Joseph DeMarco's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Magic Words by Joseph DeMarco )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Until I See You Again, Lilly Emery
- Unloved Men Hate (and retards at the M.., Monk E. Biz
- Hope you won't Forget, Lore Me34
- Any other issue, gajanan mishra
- To show as great., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 'Useless'..... [human uselessness; PSYC.., Bri Edwards
- WORN OUT DOOR, Philo Yan
- Newbie, Savita Tyagi
- Is That A Virtues Woman?, John Ugolo Umah
- थांनानै था आरो थांनानै थानो हो, Bahadur Basumatary