Wonder why I never fell?
Go down but never drown?
Why a smile is always painted
On my beautiful cheeks?
You reason as to why
My hearts sings always
And not songs of sorrow.
The secret you seek
Of my ever-lively heart,
The secret I shall tell,
Is this magical being.
An angelic being
That grasps my hand so I stumble not.
The name you ask,
Ayo I say, Ayobami Abiola.
She is the one who like a spell
Has painted a wide cheer
On my once sad cheeks
An eternal change.
Oh! God I thank you,
For this wonderful creature
Which you made me
So unworthily her bestfriend.
Her voice as subtle as a dove
Quenches any fire around me
She is always there, by my side
To guide, every step I take.
Ma meilleure amie
A rare gem.
Forever am I indebted to you
For your love, care, support and friendship.
Will I cherish forever,
And I always will be by your side,
My very best friend.
Toheeb Tiamiyu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Magical Being by Toheeb Tiamiyu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Make your Mothers Day, Damian Murphy
- Good Morning, Anuradha Bhattacharyya
- soon to be extinct.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- On the Bed of Death, Pintu Mahakul
- Solitary Meanings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heal the Mind oh Healer, Pintu Mahakul
- Where Are You?, angela mann
- letting moments turn to hours, Manonton Dalan
- i can't help it but smile too, Manonton Dalan
- Learning Essence Of A Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak