MAKE A DONATION NOW... SEPT 10TH,2013
Some of the great people I worked with long ago, are now dead,
We are all going that way, as I try to remember what they said,
And we have no control of when, where or why we will die,
And it’s not considered important so no need to ask why.
How do we get our politicians to pay attention to this cause?
We would like to die quietly, painless in peace just because,
This of course is thinking outside the dominant religious square,
While some preacher down at the church wants everyone to kneel and pray.
All religious hierarchy types oppose death-with-dignity solution,
They call it a sin or sacrilege and forbid all collusion,
People should concentrate on their religion and not on their deaths,
And make large donations for the right reasons - you can bet.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (MAKE A DONATION NOW... SEPT 10TH,2013 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -68, Ronjoy Brahma
- On this rainy day, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- I need you, Kelly Curiel
- On Reading Poet Onkar Nath Gupta's Spill.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Around us the whispering rain falls, Gert Strydom
- i m so sad, lovey ahuja
- In the garden , Gert Strydom
- In the garden, Gert Strydom
- Please Forgive Them For What They Do, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Perceptions, Jaipal Singh