Malaysian Bomohs@Witch Doctors..
We were the animist, lived in the jungles,
Worshiped the trees and the spirits,
We can talk to the spirits looking through,
The betel leaves and we dream day and night,
By breaking the eggs, we can tell your woes,
By cracking the soil, we can ‘unearth’ the truth,
A few girls may be hysteric and they are treated with love,
And care in the middle of the night, naked.
For every ailment, we have the herbs,
For every ambition, we have the talisman,
For every rival, we have the invisible sword,
For every weak heart, we are the motors.
The rich and the famous are our regular customers,
The businessmen and political men are our disciples,
We are respected and people are afraid of us,
we are the bomohs, who are called as the witch doctors.
If a government contract is needed, come to us,
If a girl doesn’t want to be your fourth wife, come to us,
If a man wants to overpower you politically, come to us,
If a signal disappears in the mid air, come to us.
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Malaysian Bomohs@Witch Doctors.. by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Make your Mothers Day, Damian Murphy
- Good Morning, Anuradha Bhattacharyya
- soon to be extinct.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- On the Bed of Death, Pintu Mahakul
- Solitary Meanings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heal the Mind oh Healer, Pintu Mahakul
- Where Are You?, angela mann
- letting moments turn to hours, Manonton Dalan
- i can't help it but smile too, Manonton Dalan
- Learning Essence Of A Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak