Man is potato.
Ego wounded, anger bursts.
Senses purred, desires spurt.
The built in anger and desire
Work as drives for man efforts.
Assaulted by a white in Africa,
Gandhi fought against the whites in India.
Enamoured by the cute Cleopatra,
Julius Caesar helped her get her throne.
It’s anger that spurs you.
It’s desire that tempts you.
Without anger or desire
A man is mere potato.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Man is potato. by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
David Herbert Lawrence
(11 September 1885 – 2 March 1930)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Love, Baki Yigit
- Hopeless Romantic, Shane Clawson
- Firebird Sunset, Salvatore Ala
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney
- A Small Something, Jessica Paige Davies
- Shrouded, Jessica Paige Davies