Dr John Celes
Man's Curiosity Lands on Mars!
Of all the many galaxies,
The Maker chose just planet earth,
The third from sun in Milky Way,
For man to inhabit and thrive!
But man's curiosity didn't stop
By landing upon moon's surface!
One small step of Neil Armstrong meant
A giant leap for mankind's science!
Mars Rover Curiosity
Has touched down upon mars surface,
A feat of engineering skills -
A culmination of efforts!
But why search planets for new life?
Home earth has secrets much concealed;
Why waste money and time so far?
Cannot you develop life on earth?
Though curiosity of man
Is good for scientific research,
All know that earth is best for man,
And yet, they hunt for newer ground!
Kudos to scientists' great efforts!
Man's brain is doing things grandiose;
If only money's spent on earth,
All mankind can live happily!
Mere mankind's pow'rs can't move mountains!
The Omnipotent need to bless;
Man's achievements then bear witness
To Maker's awesome power and love!
Dedicated to all the scientists world-wide!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 8-8-12
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Man's Curiosity Lands on Mars! by Dr John Celes )
- Earth's Time Clock Ticks, Patricia Kelley
- I Have Fallen In Deep, Lilly Emery
- Bramblehash, Luke J. Holt
- A Bare Night, Tony Adah
- That Special Feeling, Bill Cantrell
- The Pit Among Dreams, Lilly Emery
- Vietnam ~ Part 2, Sara Fielder
- Time, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- The Search For Peace, david kush
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar