This trip is one of inspiration,
One of the influence of everything,
This town is like a melting pot,
With every culture imaginable.
This place is inspiring,
With the influence of the arts,
And it has the most business,
In the entire nation all around.
The place has five 'boroughs, '
Each of them I will describe,
And there are separate villages,
Which I will also describe.
There are amazing monuments,
Ones that I can describe,
But first, let me get you to
The boroughs, where we can start.
Queens is the rich place,
Where lots of richies live;
Jordan would say they're 'lucky, '
For all the richies live there.
All the hotels are quality,
And they each have luxury in them.
Brooklyn is the place
From which all immigrants came,
A lot of arts started there,
And the inspiration continues.
Harlem was the place,
Where jazz came to be,
The population is rumoured African,
At least to the stereotype.
The Bronx is rumoured the slums,
Where the poor people live,
But there is more to it,
Or at least from what I heard.
Stanton Island is a paradise,
A nice place to be, if any,
Filled with lots of resorts,
It is a place for many.
There is more to tell,
But I will say no more,
I will save ti till later,
For NYC has much more.
Now, I have to go,
Thanks a bunch,
I will say farewell,
And NYC we come.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Manhattan by Justin Reamer )
- Toys?, John Masaitis
- To Stand Up For The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Power Of Love!, Edward Kofi Louis
- It Is Quite Sad (Part 2), Ronell Warren Alman
- Bubble burst no home no trust, Nalini Chaturvedi
- You Are, Edward Kofi Louis
- Missing sky, gajanan mishra
- PARTNERS IN CRIME, Terry Collett
- Palace of death - this body, gajanan mishra
- Twelve Step Heaven, Joseph Narusiewicz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Power Of Music, Sukumar Ray
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe