Manners cost nothing,
A smile is free,
There's no excuse
For being rude to me,
I don't care who you are
Or how important you think you
There's no need for rudeness,
Politeness is easy.
To say thank you or please,
Is the simplest chore,
It's common courtesy
And not much to ask for.
I thank you in advance,
For your courteous input,
It makes much more sense
to start off on the right foot!
For I'm no one special
Or different to you,
I just like good manners,
As I'm sure you do too.
Nick Jordan.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Manners by Nick Jordan. )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- To My Son, Robert Leary
- I am yours forever, gajanan mishra
- सिनायमोनि आंनि सिमांनि रजे, Bahadur Basumatary
- Wildly Into The Night, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Drunk poetry, Christian Lacdael
- Opportunities, Christian Lacdael
- COPLA 68 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Yes I Do, Lalit Kaira
- Wooden Footprints, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- New Migration Equilibriums Time Shift Es.., Terence G. Craddock