Dr John Celes
Marriage is God-made
Marriage is a holy state –
Of minds and bodies and souls two!
A one-time event in our life;
None dare untie the knots thus made!
Marriage is not all mere fun;
Be faithful to your spouse always;
The gift of God is children dear –
The priceless wealth from God above!
Once married, live for the other;
Let no one else in life bother;
The days ahead have joys and woes;
But this is how life on earth goes!
The bond of love is especial,
Though misunderstandings could arise;
The sex in marriage is sacred;
God cares for you and will provide.
So, live your married life with care;
Do just things that are right and fair;
Heaven will bless the married pair;
Remember, we are earthen-ware!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 11-19-2009
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Marriage is God-made by Dr John Celes )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- The Night Glorious Light, Michael P. McParland
- Dream Number 3 (hope), Smoky Hoss
- The Mist, Michael P. McParland
- Her Voice, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- Let me count War a divine curse, Pijush Biswas
- The Land, Michael P. McParland
- The King, Michael P. McParland
- Envisage Belongings, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- Die of Thousands Deaths, Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Provocation! ! !, george albot