Mary O Dwyer
She has got a lot of charm much about her to admire
Full of good old Aussie humor likeable Mary O Dwyer
If you cannot laugh at her jokes then you need to see a shrink
Or you are a boring person slow to laugh and slow to think.
Few like her live in Wonthaggi few like her live anywhere
People of such wit and humor are and always have been rare
So kind hearted and unconceited as a friend so nice to know
One you always will remember though to your life friends come and go.
With two daughters close to their teens she was never some one's wife
But she makes the most of her lot and looks on the bright side of life
She too has her share of worries but she laughs her cares away
If she feels sad for some reason it won't last for the whole day.
If you cannot laugh with Mary then you ought to face the truth
That you are a boring person of laughter you are destitute
For she is bright and quick witted and she is free of conceit
And one of the nicest people that anyone could wish to meet.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mary O Dwyer by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Words as Markers, Ananta Madhavan
- Accursed Fireballs, Suman Kumar Das
- Many Just Want To Be Overheard, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Happy Birthday, dear Poet Rajaram Ramach.., Dr John Celes
- life in wonder, amit yadav
- Time To Come Home, Suchoon Mo_
- 'Little Lena Marie', Quenten McClellan
- Oviedo, Robert Melliard
- Seventy Four, Jared Hirsch
- बावनाय नङा बड'फा, Ronjoy Brahma