Mauve, Black, and Rose
Mauve, black, and rose,
The veils of the jewel, and she, the jewel, a rose.
First, the pallor of mauve,
A soft flood flowing about the body I love.
Then, the flush of the rose,
A hedge of roses about the mystical rose.
Last, the black, and at last
The feet that I love, and the way that my love has passed.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mauve, Black, and Rose by Arthur Symons )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 February 1970-)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(22 March 1941 -)
Poem of the Day
- 'Invictus' Invalid, Frank Avon
- धुन सवार ले, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- एक इंसा की खोज में, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- खुदाया मै तेरा हो ना सका, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- स्त्री भृण हत्या, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- DHARTI KI AUTI PARI, Pankazz koirala Upadhayaya
- Rory Richards in His Pew, Francie Lynch
- आँखपन दे मुझको, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- समर्पित, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- On the run, Leong Ming Loong