The moon's like a lantern
In the midnight sky;
Its light is reflecting
In your sad grey eyes,
While a whippoorwill calls
And its mate replies.
Our hearts beat together
In perfect rhyme,
Like many lovers' hearts
Since the dawn of time;
But tonight is our night,
And our love is sublime.
How long will I love you?
I can't say for sure;
I want to say forever,
But nothing endures;
Don't question me now,
Tonight I am yours!
Lora Colon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Maybe Forever by Lora Colon )
Did you read them?
- Smear campaign, gajanan mishra
- Kelvingrove Memories, B.. Alexander
- LoTus (translation), Floy Dy (Floyd) Ra (Floydson)
- LYRICAL VISIT TO VUYELWA MALULEKE, alexander opicho
- Football match, gajanan mishra
- NATURE, WHAT ARE YOU?, M.D Dinesh Nair
- My Little Cup, James Merchant
- WHAT IF NONE ELSE LISTENS TO ME?, M.D Dinesh Nair
- Go not please, gajanan mishra
- LoTus, Floy Dy (Floyd) Ra (Floydson)
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)