Me, Myself & I
I need you!
That was the last word I said to you.
But do I?
'No matter what happens,
I'll always be with you! '
That was the last word you said to me.
But were you really there?
What I can't believe is that I believed every word you said.
I can't believe that I made myself believe
what we had will last.
How could you have said you loved me
when you didn't?
I thought you were my knight and shiny armour
I thought I was your cinderella.
I thought you were my charming prince.
How could you have left without a trace?
`leaving me with the hope to see your face.
It's been a while, time has passed.
I've moved on.
You hurt me bad,
but I'm a survivor.
I'll do just fine without you.
It hurts so much,
but I've learned a lot.
I have come to realize that I don't need you anymore.
I know I'll find the one for me
I know I can confide in me till then
I know I won't let myself down.
All I've got for now is...
Me, Myself & I.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Me, Myself & I by Eunice Ogunleye )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Skin Grafting 2, Kim Barney
- Kira I Care, Michael P. McParland
- King Of Kings, Michael P. McParland
- Keeping The Faith, Michael P. McParland
- In Line With Love, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Silent Sentinel 2, Kim Barney
- Just Know, Michael P. McParland
- Just Being There, Michael P. McParland
- Weihnachtsglocken, Wolfgang Steinmann
- Luggage Lady, Randy Resh