Lawrence S. Pertillar
Meant To Evolve
With the wind it may appear,
As if I too drift.
With an aimless shifting,
Without a purpose connected meant.
One depicted a nonconformist and rejecting limits.
Although the mind was not man-made invented,
To accept restrictions...
With an enforcement of it.
This is not the experience,
I have ever wished for myself to exist.
To then land and off again sent,
Like many refusing to accept a doing,
Anything interpreted to be concrete.
But solid are the deeds I leave behind.
To be found in the minds awakening.
Like nature represented,
This life we live is meant to evolve.
With a budding to bloom.
As each stage left of it...
No one is meant to stay affixed,
To limits that restrict.
That's the basis for biases and conflicts.
And biases and conflicts,
I drift away from them quick.
We are here and meant to evolve.
Not remain involved in conflicts,
To never resolve to have them solved.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Meant To Evolve by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 February 1898 – 14 August 1956)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Our Precious Time, Jiya Jain
- An Epitaph on the Admirable Dramatic Poe.., John Milton
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Counting Days, maria sudibyo
- Rain in My Heart, maria sudibyo
- Atonement, maria sudibyo
- Paper Cut, maria sudibyo
- Unfinished Poem, maria sudibyo
- I Want A Foreigner Girl For Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Blackberries / Briars, Frank Avon
- Daru Pikar Naya Varsha Shuru Karne Ka Er.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- It Is Time, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Mother's Love, Father's Love, Sister's L.., Bijay Kant Dubey