Memories Of You
There is this frame,
By my bedside window,
I look at it and picture,
The memories it encloses,
When I started to picture,
My life without you.
There is this book,
Used to call it my diary,
I read it no more,
Because my heart breaks,
When I remember realizing,
We have always been on the same page,
Just different books.
There is this song,
Still gives me goose bumps,
The song that used to be meant for us,
Now just a reminder,
That love doesn't exist.
There is this dream,
Used to keep me awake all night,
Where you loved me,
And I loved you back,
The dream is no more,
Because dreams of you are now nightmares.
There is this prayer,
You were the answer to,
A prayer that we would last forever,
You were gone before I said Amen,
Maybe that’s why I don’t pray anymore.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Memories Of You by Charles Thuo )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- आंनि बोरै गोरोन्थि जाखो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Odia Poem- JHADA, Jitendra seth
- Gratitude, Mallika Achuthan Menon
- My Thoughts, Michael P. McParland
- Impact of snow climate., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- My limbs, gajanan mishra
- PARUI POLICE BRUTALITY, Bireswar Halder
- Sacred Kailas, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- VIRTUAL POET FRIENDS, Philo Yan
- The Imponderable, Sandra Feldman