Walking along the beaches shore, water lapping atmy feet,
I came across a beautiful site, a mermaid I did meet.
As I looked up she was standing there, propped up by her tail,
Such an amzazing site to see, I thought I was under a spell.
This beauty called out my name and raised her arms up high,
I was moved and attracted to her, of this I could not deny.
Her elegence and her prose, were like an invisible magnet,
I wanted her to be part of me, and of these thoughts I had no regret.
She wrapped her arms around and I felt her loving heart,
I was surrounded by incredible feelings, I did not ever want to part.
We took each others hand and began walking into the sea,
Where we could be together, and our love could be set free.
Mermaid blessing changed my being, i am now of land and sea,
But my mermaid love, is not like me, for the water she must breathe
I stay with her because my love is true, for without her I am without heart.
We swim the seas, and love our lives, and we shall never part.
REB (JULY 2012) Yep that's right a mermaid….learn something new about me everyday
Rik Bertrand's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mermaid Blessing by Rik Bertrand )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Dante Gabriel Rossetti
(12 May 1828 – 9 April 1882)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(3rd April 19sixty)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Argumentative ones, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Love children, gajanan mishra
- 25 December 2014, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Wipe out terrorism, gajanan mishra
- The hilarious children., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Let us discuss poems, gajanan mishra
- Eyes Tell a Story, Rohit Sapra
- Jadavpur And The Adda of Love, Bijay Kant Dubey
- O Governor-Chancellor, I Am A Jadavpuria.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Jadavpur Campus, The Naxal And His Love .., Bijay Kant Dubey