Walking along the beaches shore, water lapping atmy feet,
I came across a beautiful site, a mermaid I did meet.
As I looked up she was standing there, propped up by her tail,
Such an amzazing site to see, I thought I was under a spell.
This beauty called out my name and raised her arms up high,
I was moved and attracted to her, of this I could not deny.
Her elegence and her prose, were like an invisible magnet,
I wanted her to be part of me, and of these thoughts I had no regret.
She wrapped her arms around and I felt her loving heart,
I was surrounded by incredible feelings, I did not ever want to part.
We took each others hand and began walking into the sea,
Where we could be together, and our love could be set free.
Mermaid blessing changed my being, i am now of land and sea,
But my mermaid love, is not like me, for the water she must breathe
I stay with her because my love is true, for without her I am without heart.
We swim the seas, and love our lives, and we shall never part.
REB (JULY 2012) Yep that's right a mermaid….learn something new about me everyday
Rik Bertrand's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mermaid Blessing by Rik Bertrand )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Hard Times for Horses, Janet Armstrong
- Pappou Elias' Poem, Elia Michael
- Dispirited Humanity, Aftab Alam
- A nonentity's. Life, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Girl, We Both Suffer, Ronell Warren Alman
- But you are abandoning me, gajanan mishra
- I am going to meet an end, gajanan mishra
- Maple Tree, Kyle Schlicher
- In the clouds, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Missing You Now, Nida Sofi