Walking along the beaches shore, water lapping atmy feet,
I came across a beautiful site, a mermaid I did meet.
As I looked up she was standing there, propped up by her tail,
Such an amzazing site to see, I thought I was under a spell.
This beauty called out my name and raised her arms up high,
I was moved and attracted to her, of this I could not deny.
Her elegence and her prose, were like an invisible magnet,
I wanted her to be part of me, and of these thoughts I had no regret.
She wrapped her arms around and I felt her loving heart,
I was surrounded by incredible feelings, I did not ever want to part.
We took each others hand and began walking into the sea,
Where we could be together, and our love could be set free.
Mermaid blessing changed my being, i am now of land and sea,
But my mermaid love, is not like me, for the water she must breathe
I stay with her because my love is true, for without her I am without heart.
We swim the seas, and love our lives, and we shall never part.
REB (JULY 2012) Yep that's right a mermaid….learn something new about me everyday
Rik Bertrand's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mermaid Blessing by Rik Bertrand )
- Things that change, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Lottery, Steve Kittell
- What's not there, Anjali Lal Gupta
- On Tippy Toes, Donal Mahoney
- आबौ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Death's Breath, Justin Reamer
- MOTHER, Pankti Vadalia
- Dead Brother's Note to Our Dad, Donal Mahoney
- Uncertainty, Justin Reamer
- Silent Tears, Justin Reamer
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
(July 15 1964)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)