As the universe starts off its day,
with new hopes of revival
four children, strangers by birth
yet, bonded by an unconditional friendship
rush out of their homes, oblivious to school rules
abound with a joy
distant to the profane wretches...
Nature is caught off-guard!
from its tranquil self
the sole witness to this soothing atmosphere
or rather call it the phenomenon of joy!
Divine is the exuberance in their voice
and a smile so adorable
devoid of agony, devoid of sorrow
filled solely by the cause
to gladden each other
Even Aphrodite was jealous!
of the grace in their voice
as they speak of the day's play
unaware of the global controversies
The children-they recite in rhythm the songs.
having inherited from the grandmothers,
the daughters of past, the gene of happiness
unknown to you and me...
I watch them play hide and seek
seeking in them, the source of their eternal joy
Yet, undisturbed by my presence they play
and embrace each other in a fleeting move of passion
Of all the reasons they are innocent,
I know not why they hide from the seeker,
the source of their joy
Saddened but deeply intoxicated
by the aura of their love
Nithin Pradeep's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Merry Children by Nithin Pradeep )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Suicide Note, Kathy Liu
- When Your Dark Shadows, Susmit Panda
- Ballade of the hours of darkness, Gert Strydom
- Prime Truth - 15, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- To you there's an amazing kind of grace .., Gert Strydom
- wailay da peer, maqsood hasni
- wand da chanun, maqsood hasni
- This Is What You Do To Men, Mitchell Gonzalez
- Sennacherib, Gert Strydom
- waqt kaisa inqlaab laya hai, maqsood hasni