As the universe starts off its day,
with new hopes of revival
four children, strangers by birth
yet, bonded by an unconditional friendship
rush out of their homes, oblivious to school rules
abound with a joy
distant to the profane wretches...
Nature is caught off-guard!
from its tranquil self
the sole witness to this soothing atmosphere
or rather call it the phenomenon of joy!
Divine is the exuberance in their voice
and a smile so adorable
devoid of agony, devoid of sorrow
filled solely by the cause
to gladden each other
Even Aphrodite was jealous!
of the grace in their voice
as they speak of the day's play
unaware of the global controversies
The children-they recite in rhythm the songs.
having inherited from the grandmothers,
the daughters of past, the gene of happiness
unknown to you and me...
I watch them play hide and seek
seeking in them, the source of their eternal joy
Yet, undisturbed by my presence they play
and embrace each other in a fleeting move of passion
Of all the reasons they are innocent,
I know not why they hide from the seeker,
the source of their joy
Saddened but deeply intoxicated
by the aura of their love
Nithin Pradeep's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Merry Children by Nithin Pradeep )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Simply Spoken School Of Life, Heather Burns
- Simply Spoken Obtaining, Heather Burns
- WILD FLOWERS IN THE PATOS ORCHARD, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Simply Spoken Foundation, Heather Burns
- yup, you know i love you, Mandolyn ...
- Time Machine, Tammy Ashton
- THE PRETTY SEA AND THE SWIMMING POOL الب.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Aemulus, Arik Fletcher
- Take it all it's entirely all for you baby, Mark Heathcote
- Confused Sea Gods, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken