Please do not ignore me.
When all else fails I am truly all you'll have.
Do you dare to live without me?
Do you dare to take me for granted?
In a world of uncertainty I am your only true ally.
But am I?
Will I begin to fade as your skin sags?
And your heart slows?
Will I tell you "It's real."
When your nightmares kiss you goodnight?
Will you believe me?
I'm afraid you'll have to.
Without me, you are but an empty vessel.
With me, you are human.
How funny it is to rely on something you know nothing about.
You do not know me.
But I know you.
I am you.
If your own mind controls you against your will,
Is it really?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mind Control by Sarah Alexander )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A God-Game..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- job hunting (in our household), lee fones
- The Seasons Within Us, Melissa Furey
- Writer's Block, Roilynn brown
- About The Scriptures, Margaret Moran
- How Can I Fly, Ronjoy Brahma
- Epic Joshua Speed, Richard Thripp
- The Bounty Of Nature, Miethi Goswami
- My Good Heart, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- White Port (revised), Jose Armando Guzman