Please do not ignore me.
When all else fails I am truly all you'll have.
Do you dare to live without me?
Do you dare to take me for granted?
In a world of uncertainty I am your only true ally.
But am I?
Will I begin to fade as your skin sags?
And your heart slows?
Will I tell you "It's real."
When your nightmares kiss you goodnight?
Will you believe me?
I'm afraid you'll have to.
Without me, you are but an empty vessel.
With me, you are human.
How funny it is to rely on something you know nothing about.
You do not know me.
But I know you.
I am you.
If your own mind controls you against your will,
Is it really?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mind Control by Sarah Alexander )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)