Edward Kofi Louis
Mingled With Fire
The law is burning and bombs are falling!
The earth mourns and fades aways but,
My ture love will be with you always.
You are the accuser of our brothers,
You are accuser of our sisters,
You are the accuser of our fathers,
You are the accuser of our mothers,
And like the vine of the earth.
Of the sea of glass mingled with fire! !
War in heaven and earth;
With many dead bodies already counted like,
The stones of a quarry.
Tribes, peoples, languages and nations;
Two wings of a great eagle flying over the planes of war,
But the blood of the dead are not needed as at now.
The length of half an hour,
The earth mourns and fades aways;
Destruction, destruction, destruction!
The torment of the scorpions are like the horses prepared for war.
The locusts came flying through the midst of heaven,
But the chariots of many failled to run;
For the battle is great and it is mingled with fire.
Of bombs dropping like water and,
People dying like falling sones;
But my true love will be with you aways.
Edward Kofi Louis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mingled With Fire by Edward Kofi Louis )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Life is more than anything else, gajanan mishra
- DJ, The Making of A DJ, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Innocent heart, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I'll Be Here, Michael P. McParland
- Kitchen Charade, Nicole C Esbach
- &, Nicole C Esbach
- Chiaroscuro, Nicole C Esbach
- Sonnet # 536, Luis Estable
- SELF-INTROSPECTION ON MY HAPPY BIRTH DAY, Purusottam Chuli
- I Wish For Peace, Serena Blackinton