Edward Kofi Louis
Mingled With Fire
The law is burning and bombs are falling!
The earth mourns and fades aways but,
My ture love will be with you always.
You are the accuser of our brothers,
You are accuser of our sisters,
You are the accuser of our fathers,
You are the accuser of our mothers,
And like the vine of the earth.
Of the sea of glass mingled with fire! !
War in heaven and earth;
With many dead bodies already counted like,
The stones of a quarry.
Tribes, peoples, languages and nations;
Two wings of a great eagle flying over the planes of war,
But the blood of the dead are not needed as at now.
The length of half an hour,
The earth mourns and fades aways;
Destruction, destruction, destruction!
The torment of the scorpions are like the horses prepared for war.
The locusts came flying through the midst of heaven,
But the chariots of many failled to run;
For the battle is great and it is mingled with fire.
Of bombs dropping like water and,
People dying like falling sones;
But my true love will be with you aways.
Edward Kofi Louis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mingled With Fire by Edward Kofi Louis )
- I Turned on the News Today, Vera Sidhwa
- From A Son To His Divine Mother(Saroda), Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Of the Depression, Javed Latoo
- Blue Eyes, Ronald Chapman
- A Tiny Plant, Manira Khan
- Pure femininity, Erato
- A Man's Oft-hidden Tears, Maurice Harris
- Contentment, Katherine Nordhaus
- The News Explained it to Me, Vera Sidhwa
- Diwali, Hans Raj Sharma
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)