When the shadows of life corner me
I find myself in the same spot in the yard every time
looking at the setting sun
and I drink up the inviting warm colours
into my cold heart.
I am reminded of you
and when tears fall like seasonal rain
I know that I can cling to memories of you.
The wind blows colourful leaves from the trees
and a deep sorrow is left in me
and like the falling leaves
you did also fall
before the coming winter of life
and my heart yearns for you.
When I close my eyes
I can still hear your laughter
and mother, you did live emotionally.
In the late afternoon I smell the gardenia
and it reminds me of your perfume
but the marble flask is empty
and all that do remain are my memories.
I try to remember your face
but it’s in vain
like rose petals
that is blown away in the wind
but your essence still remains
in my heart.
With a gardenia blossom in my hand
I smell your perfume
and mom, you will always be in my heart.
Daleen Enslinstrydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mom by Daleen Enslinstrydom )
- Every moment, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Hurt and pain., Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Fragile, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- GAHZAL, ROCHISH MON
- Perfectly Loveable, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Your 2 Blame, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Love is a wonder, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- A Hug To Say I Love You, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- How Do You?, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- My religion, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The City Planners, Margaret Atwood
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- On His Blindness, John Milton
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)