When the shadows of life corner me
I find myself in the same spot in the yard every time
looking at the setting sun
and I drink up the inviting warm colours
into my cold heart.
I am reminded of you
and when tears fall like seasonal rain
I know that I can cling to memories of you.
The wind blows colourful leaves from the trees
and a deep sorrow is left in me
and like the falling leaves
you did also fall
before the coming winter of life
and my heart yearns for you.
When I close my eyes
I can still hear your laughter
and mother, you did live emotionally.
In the late afternoon I smell the gardenia
and it reminds me of your perfume
but the marble flask is empty
and all that do remain are my memories.
I try to remember your face
but it’s in vain
like rose petals
that is blown away in the wind
but your essence still remains
in my heart.
With a gardenia blossom in my hand
I smell your perfume
and mom, you will always be in my heart.
Daleen Enslinstrydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mom by Daleen Enslinstrydom )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(2 November 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- रंजानाय फैगौ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Raising boys, christina hodges
- Death Be Not Proud, John Donne
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- '' O '', Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Paris Will Never Be The Same, Alan W. Jankowski
- Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Alan W. Jankowski
- Grandpa, Alan W. Jankowski
- Happiness And Purpose, Alan W. Jankowski
- MY OATH DUE TO YOUR LOVE., Changez Ndzai
- The Sparrow, Robert Plese
- The Bemused, Robert Plese
- Time's departure, hasmukh amathalal
- We Were Born Naked, Michael Webb