mom do you see what you're doing?
look. you don't have to share
what you feel inside.
you don't have to know me
or want me to know its alright.
but i'd thought you'd want to share
whats effecting me too.
you think you know whats best for me?
you don't even know whats best for you.
you're ruining yourself
you're ruining our life
i won't have a mother when i'm older
you'll be so young when you die.
because thats what you're doing
killing yourself for this.
maybe its a habit
but this is when you need to quit.
i'm sure old habits die hard
but you're the one who'll be dying
its stupid what you're doing
i'm too mad to be crying.
how dare you put us in danger?
you're supposed to do whats right
you're a liar, i swear i hate you
i don't want you in my life.
Desiree Whitamore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (mom do you see what you're doing? by Desiree Whitamore )
- PH: Sin: The Wages Of Sin, Brian Johnston
- Ideals Envisioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- America Radicalized, Is It Poetry
- Just before Midnight, Frank Avon
- I and I, Daniel Erdner
- Love: Don't Bargain, Aftab Alam
- War is lust and Peace is Love,, Aftab Alam
- Endless game, hasmukh amathalal
- Seasonings of Sense, Mae AC.
- War And Not To Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)