Don't let them take your smile Mommy,
The smile you showed me I too had
Don’t let them take the smile Mommy,
The smile you wore even when you were sad
Don't allow them to hide that smile Mommy,
The smile, which protects me through all the bad
Don’t let them steal the smile Mommy.
Your, smile Mommy, drove my daddy mad.
For if they take your smile Mommy,
What will I have left to hold on to?
If they take your smile Mommy,
What will remind me of you?
When there is no more smile Mommy
How will I know what to do?
When I cannot see your smile anymore Mommy
I will think: What's the use
Save her smile for me Jesus
So she can be near every time I close my eyes
Save her smile for me Father
Here is the only smile that lights up the skies
Save her smile for me Savior
The beauty of her smile no one could ever deny
Save her smile for me Daddy
Look at me, can you see why?
If I ever forget her smile my King, a part of me will surely die.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MOMMY by LILLIAN SAID )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A God-Game..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- job hunting (in our household), lee fones
- The Seasons Within Us, Melissa Furey
- Writer's Block, Roilynn brown
- About The Scriptures, Margaret Moran
- How Can I Fly, Ronjoy Brahma
- Epic Joshua Speed, Richard Thripp
- The Bounty Of Nature, Miethi Goswami
- MY GOOD HEART, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- White Port (revised), Jose Armando Guzman