Don't let them take your smile Mommy,
The smile you showed me I too had
Don’t let them take the smile Mommy,
The smile you wore even when you were sad
Don't allow them to hide that smile Mommy,
The smile, which protects me through all the bad
Don’t let them steal the smile Mommy.
Your, smile Mommy, drove my daddy mad.
For if they take your smile Mommy,
What will I have left to hold on to?
If they take your smile Mommy,
What will remind me of you?
When there is no more smile Mommy
How will I know what to do?
When I cannot see your smile anymore Mommy
I will think: What's the use
Save her smile for me Jesus
So she can be near every time I close my eyes
Save her smile for me Father
Here is the only smile that lights up the skies
Save her smile for me Savior
The beauty of her smile no one could ever deny
Save her smile for me Daddy
Look at me, can you see why?
If I ever forget her smile my King, a part of me will surely die.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MOMMY by LILLIAN SAID )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Finally We Learn Nine 71, Anne Tardos
- The Thing Nine 70, Anne Tardos
- The Right Tone Nine 69, Anne Tardos
- Why I write it?, Cigeng Zhang
- Over golden page, hasmukh amathalal
- The Pedlar, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Everything Nine 68, Anne Tardos
- Don't Blame Me Nine 67, Anne Tardos
- My Love Is Strong Nine 66, Anne Tardos
- Lacan Says Nine 64, Anne Tardos