Chaotic Life aka Curly Mer
Monday, you said,
I will call you Monday, baby,
And I actually believed you this time
looking forward to Monday
that will allow me to talk to you
until the hours went out.
Monday came and went,
and there was no call.
Why did you keep telling me lies
saying “I love you, baby. You don’t understand how
much you mean to me”
but never pulled through and showed just how much.
I held on so tightly to that Monday, you know?
I woke up so excited
because I thought our relationship was going to change
But you lied,
that Monday never came.
Now every time a Monday rolls by,
I lean over the phone all day
staring at the screen
yet feeling everything.
Just when I thought we could finally have it all,
you once again shut it down before we could.
I should have known better than to put so much trust
on your Monday.
Chaotic Life aka Curly Mer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Monday by Chaotic Life aka Curly Mer )
- Shrine To Beauty, Margaret Alice Second
- My thoughts amid choas, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Am Alive, Akhtar Jawad
- O My Songs, Madhav Sarkunde
- Detester's haste, Hamisi Miriti
- Masibonisane, senzokhaya umhayi
- namhlanje usuku olukhulu, senzokhaya umhayi
- okuhle, senzokhaya umhayi
- babies and dogs, oskar hansen
- God Could be Never Wrong, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos