The moon was full and the night was cool,
Windows were kept open, breaking the rule.
They lay in the bed with the curtains pulled aside
So they could see the full moon, smiling outside.
The world has many moon gazers, just as he.
Many of them I'm sure would be pleased to see,
The moon at full bloom, oh what a pleasant sight!
Some will write poems and some will go quiet.
Past midnight when the outside sky was alight,
Poured into their room the soft ambient moonlight.
As traces fell on their faces, she dispensed with her pillow,
To rest on his outstretched arm, her moonlit face aglow.
They had some pillow talks, they had some fun.
And all acts of love were lovingly done.
Like birds they nestled under each others' wings,
And quietly fell asleep, amid their moonlight musings.
15 April 2014
Khairul Ahsan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Moonlight Musings by Khairul Ahsan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Dante Gabriel Rossetti
(12 May 1828 – 9 April 1882)
Robert Louis Stevenson
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Avoiding, Michael P. McParland
- Hurting 2, Michael P. McParland
- Bitter Tears, Michael P. McParland
- I shall celebrate you, Gilbert, David Munene wa Kimberly
- In A Land Where Every Dream Has Landed, Michael P. McParland
- Zak, Elia Michael
- Totally Exhausted, Michael P. McParland
- Painful Throbbing Tides, Michael P. McParland
- A Song For Anne, Joseph Archer
- Peace Be With Us, Michael P. McParland