The moon was full and the night was cool,
Windows were kept open, breaking the rule.
They lay in the bed with the curtains pulled aside
So they could see the full moon, smiling outside.
The world has many moon gazers, just as he.
Many of them I'm sure would be pleased to see,
The moon at full bloom, oh what a pleasant sight!
Some will write poems and some will go quiet.
Past midnight when the outside sky was alight,
Poured into their room the soft ambient moonlight.
As traces fell on their faces, she dispensed with her pillow,
To rest on his outstretched arm, her moonlit face aglow.
They had some pillow talks, they had some fun.
And all acts of love were lovingly done.
Like birds they nestled under each others' wings,
And quietly fell asleep, amid their moonlight musings.
15 April 2014
Khairul Ahsan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Moonlight Musings by Khairul Ahsan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- To My Son, Robert Leary
- I am yours forever, gajanan mishra
- सिनायमोनि आंनि सिमांनि रजे, Bahadur Basumatary
- Wildly Into The Night, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Drunk poetry, Christian Lacdael
- Opportunities, Christian Lacdael
- COPLA 68 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Yes I Do, Lalit Kaira
- Wooden Footprints, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- New Migration Equilibriums Time Shift Es.., Terence G. Craddock