'More Work to Do'
I've not the time to settle in when work is gone undone.
So much work afraid to say that carries me my ton.
And though the work is not all mine or left for me to do.
Still toil to finish up this work, hope I'd be seeing you.
You see it will not do itself, these tasks leave me pursue.
And you shall know when work gets lite soon all this work be
Thank God it's now the two of us that toil for end of day.
We work for those that suffer great with no place they can stay.
Might we find a third to help us grind this spinning stone.
For I believe the three of us might feel so not alone.
The Poetaster Oct-2013
Thomas Adams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('More Work to Do' by Thomas Adams )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Shooting Stars, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- In bed, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- From Destiny's Palm, Savita Tyagi
- Your silence, ramesh rai
- My body is my enemy, gajanan mishra
- No Tears For Me, vince gullaci
- season of fall autumn, binod bastola
- Coming to you I said, gajanan mishra
- Smell the RosesT, Bill Cantrell
- I Invited You To Visit, Lawrence S. Pertillar