I am not dead. Through slit and crack
The piercing ray only glanced me,
And in the glow of self-possession
I survive once more once again.
Through open shutters with waves surges
A blue that does not look blue to me.
Like a baby the air's nursed itself
Full of the sun's milk that melts down.
On the sea a steamer's whistle
Blows like a rutting stag.
From mountains flashes a secret army's
I am not dead. I'd like to shout loud
On this day of who gets mercy,
That today each of my sails fills
Themselves once more once again.
Franz Werfel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Morning Hymn by Franz Werfel )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- For My Guardian Angel, Evelyne, Ronald Chapman
- Coat Thief, Phil Soar
- Souls, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tonight When I Sleep, Randy McClave
- Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Freedom From A Dreary Forest, Monk E. Biz
- I, Me, Mine, Manisha parmar
- My Silver Dime, Is It Poetry
- Cavern, Morgan Michaels
- Lumber Jack Dupree, Denis Bourgeau