Bijay Kant Dubey
Mosaic of Love And Legends By Onkar Nath Gupta
Onkar Nath Gupta is a poet of his type
As his poetry is a blend of
Myth, wit and humour,
Indian, local, regional and classical.
Mosaic of Love And Legends,
The second volume of his
Which appears in 2005
Is a master stroke in local humour.
Taming A Tigress, Disengagement,
Learning In New Context, A Dialogue,
Your Grace, Gouri Pujan, Woman Is A River In Spate,
Anatomy of An Officer, Books, Learning Complexes, etc. the poems.
Nag-Puja, Swayamvara, Jauhar and Sati,
The poems of a verve,
As he relates them
In a historic-mythical context.
Onkar is a very good poet,
Full of myth, history and realism,
Taking the things under his purview,
A master craftsman.
As a poet, he is experimental
As he keeps fusing in
Folklore and fiction,
Classical stuff with local things.
Drawing from our household things,
Sometimes neo-classical and traditional,
His is ornate and flowery style.
Bijay Kant Dubey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mosaic of Love And Legends By Onkar Nath Gupta by Bijay Kant Dubey )
Did you read them?
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Love II, Naveed Khalid
- Power of Truth, Somanathan Iyer
- To The Moon II, Naveed Khalid