Moth(URD) ER INDIA!
Before the dawn,
When the chains were still on,
They chanted: Mother India!
Now the chains are gone,
And the dogs are on a roam,
And they roar: Murder India!
In a free India,
The dogs freely roam,
Stealing the tiger claws
From our nation's pride
And tear our sisters,
Our brides, our mothers!
In buses, in streets,
On beaches, in coaches -
Stray dogs let loose…
In a ‘free, free' India!
Free rape, free bribe,
Free theft, free murder…
India of mother murderers!
Amidst the noises and barks
Of unruly urban extremities,
My heart attempt to say:
But alas! My strangled voice,
Caught in the tiger claws, scream:
‘Murder India! '
abhilash fraizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Moth(URD) ER INDIA! by abhilash fraizer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Thou hast dove eyes, thou hast dove eyes., devon da poet
- Habits, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- CAN'T GET THERE., Terry Collett
- Blurred vision., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- One Hundred and Eleven Cranks, Mitchell Gonzalez
- Want Versus Need..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Why we quarrel., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Death in action., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The River! The River!, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Of Respect To The Rose...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR