Moth(URD) ER INDIA!
Before the dawn,
When the chains were still on,
They chanted: Mother India!
Now the chains are gone,
And the dogs are on a roam,
And they roar: Murder India!
In a free India,
The dogs freely roam,
Stealing the tiger claws
From our nation's pride
And tear our sisters,
Our brides, our mothers!
In buses, in streets,
On beaches, in coaches -
Stray dogs let loose…
In a ‘free, free' India!
Free rape, free bribe,
Free theft, free murder…
India of mother murderers!
Amidst the noises and barks
Of unruly urban extremities,
My heart attempt to say:
But alas! My strangled voice,
Caught in the tiger claws, scream:
‘Murder India! '
abhilash fraizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Moth(URD) ER INDIA! by abhilash fraizer )
- After the Ice Storm, Deborah Eker
- extremely, lee fones
- Confessions of a Cat Lover, Deborah Eker
- Amelia, My Brother's Cat, Deborah Eker
- First Trimester, Donal Mahoney
- erotic terminology, lee fones
- The place of defeat, Terry Mitchison
- Father: Every Morning of His Life, Donal Mahoney
- Winter here الشتاء هنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Inference to All Our Years of Walk, N.K. Trevor
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- America the Beautiful, Katharine Lee Bates
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)