Mother and Father
My Dear Mother and Father,
Why do you treat me so?
I try my best, but you see failure
Your dissapointment puts me at the lowest low.
You scream and holler to no end
I must clench my teeth so the tears won't show.
You act as if you understand
You have no idea how hard it is- you can't possibly know.
You have no reason not to trust me,
Yet your answer is still No.
You say you are always there for me
But how are you blind when I am at the edge...looking down below?
You smother me with 'protection'...
You refuse to let me grow.
Please, Mother and Father, I must fly...
Let your child go
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mother and Father by Brea Lars )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Melody Of The Wind, Dennis Lange
- Lesbian Bisexuals, Richard Thripp
- MAN WHO WALKED ON WATER, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Love and Tears, Beach Girl
- Till Now, Cheryl Griffith
- shamely departed, kyvin nash
- THEIR SMART MISSILES ARE NOT SMARTER THA.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Black Orchid, Beach Girl
- Play trick, hasmukh amathalal
- condemned, Mandolyn Davidson