Mother is Dying: Part 1 (Cancerous Children)
My dear mother has nurtured me
For my entire existence,
Providing me with the necessities
She never abandoned me,
And as She continues to age,
I attempt to maintain her health.
Despite a long and perilous life,
Mother retains indescribable beauty and grace,
Despite some scarring from the actions
Of Her children.
I have fallen into a state of worry, though,
For Mother is looking rather sickly.
The cause is her children’s greed
And destructive behaviors.
Their touch is cancerous,
And everything Her children have touched on Her
Is beginning to deteriorate.
She breathes in heavy smoke daily,
A vice Her children forced upon her.
Her body is becoming feverish,
Continuing to rise in temperature.
She is not merely my mother alone.
She is also their mother.
She is your mother.
She is our mother.
She is the mother of everyone on this planet.
Because of Her children’s manipulation,
She is forced to combat Her own offspring.
This cancer will be removed from the Earth.
Alex Gomez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mother is Dying: Part 1 (Cancerous Children) by Alex Gomez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Precisely In Love, Edgar Andrade Baguio
- Small Investors Naive Get Burned, Terence G. Craddock
- Ssshhh-e Does It!, Edgar Andrade Baguio
- Oh Death, Tony Adah
- François de la Rochefoucauld, tal vez, Richard Thripp
- Defining poetry, Saurav Karki
- I just had a Birthday, Jena Crowe
- Wolf in the Heart, mazHur Butt
- I burped after I wrote this, Jena Crowe
- REMOVE Jefferson Carter, Richard Thripp