Blessing Anastasia Abaka
Mother Nature gives each age its own special horror.
Death never comes at the right time,
It always comes like a thief.
All who are born die,
All who die will be reborn.
All of live is nothing more than a motion picture
Projected into a vase screen.
Life is not a curse,
Life is a song.
Mortals have always exaggerated the difference between love and hate
Both comes from the heart.
When you were in love, you knew no fear or hatred
When you were fearful, there was no possibility of love and hate
And when there was hate, there was only hate.
you can never hate strongly
Unless you have loved strongly.
Longing is older than love
And one cannot exist without the other.
Persistence is the key to solving most mysteries
When you have eliminated the impossible,
Whatever remains, no matter how improbable
must be truth.
there is no use in asking why,
It's like asking nature the same question about itself;
Why is fire hot not cold?
Why does the eyes see and not hear?
Why is there birth and death?
These things are just the way there are.
The opposite of love is not hate
It is indifference
That is why so few people find God.
Blessing Anastasia Abaka's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mother Nature by Blessing Anastasia Abaka )
- Feminine Beauty, chanchal gupta
- Alone again, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- [Challenge] Entrees for September (Disqu.., Brian Johnston
- Indulgences, Jayatissa Liyanage
- From The Balcony, Heather Burns
- Ang undubai, Shri R Brahma
- 10 January 2014, Shri R Brahma
- October is next to September تشرين الاول.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- October is next to September, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I feel bored, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns