The world has held great Heroes,
As history-books have showed;
But never a name to go down to fame
Compared with that of Toad!
The clever men at Oxford
Know all that there is to be knowed.
But they none of them know one half as much
As intelligent Mr Toad!
The animals sat in the Ark and cried,
Their tears in torrents flowed.
Who was it said, 'There's land ahead'?
Encouraging Mr Toad!
The army all saluted
As they marched along the road.
Was it the King? Or Kitchener?
No. It was Mr Toad.
The Queen and her Ladies-in-waiting
Sat at the window and sewed.
She cried, 'Look! Who's that HANDSOME man?'
They answered, 'Mr Toad.'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mr. Toad by Kenneth Grahame )
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 6, ramesh rai
- Man Overboard, Tiffany Alexis
- The World Is Confounded, Tony Adah
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 5, ramesh rai
- Lost At Sea, Margaret Alice Second
- 17 Year Engagement, Saiom Shriver
- Beauty, Nishi Kumari
- The World, Tony Adah
- Reflections, Abekah Emmanuel
- New breeze, ramesh rai
Poem of the Day
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)