The world has held great Heroes,
As history-books have showed;
But never a name to go down to fame
Compared with that of Toad!
The clever men at Oxford
Know all that there is to be knowed.
But they none of them know one half as much
As intelligent Mr Toad!
The animals sat in the Ark and cried,
Their tears in torrents flowed.
Who was it said, 'There's land ahead'?
Encouraging Mr Toad!
The army all saluted
As they marched along the road.
Was it the King? Or Kitchener?
No. It was Mr Toad.
The Queen and her Ladies-in-waiting
Sat at the window and sewed.
She cried, 'Look! Who's that HANDSOME man?'
They answered, 'Mr Toad.'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mr. Toad by Kenneth Grahame )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Thec Lanes Of Memory, Edgar Albert Guest
- Three Days in Flower, Eleanor Ross Taylor
- Tell Me, I know you know, Sandra Feldman
- The Pup, Edgar Albert Guest
- Memory, Edgar Albert Guest
- It Couldn't Be Done, Edgar Albert Guest
- Christmas, 1918, Edgar Albert Guest
- A Prayer, 1918, Edgar Albert Guest
- Battle Of Belleau Wood, Edgar Albert Guest
- R.J., Eleanor Ross Taylor