Lawrence S. Pertillar
One never knows who today they can trust.
Not with the many attempting to impress others.
Cheating spouses have always been quick to lie,
As if being discreet keeps their doings off the streets.
And those claiming to be someone else's close friend,
Are the very ones to begin a gossiping done.
To then become offended by known facts,
That their footprints have left muddied tracks...
Right back where they defend an inncocence and denial.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Muddied Tracks by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- [CW]Watch The Flash Season 1 Episode 11 .., Renz Barns
Poem of the Day
- Confuse not, gajanan mishra
- I have perceived you enchanting, Mark Heathcote
- Can't I?, Nisha K. Janine
- Making plans, Angell Afinowi
- 'While There's Life, There's Hope', Mae AC.
- Thoughts of her, Nick Kler
- A flaw, gajanan mishra
- Gaining status, Angell Afinowi
- The Freedom I Seek, Douglas ClearyMaxwell
- Stages of life, gajanan mishra