Lawrence S. Pertillar
One never knows who today they can trust.
Not with the many attempting to impress others.
Cheating spouses have always been quick to lie,
As if being discreet keeps their doings off the streets.
And those claiming to be someone else's close friend,
Are the very ones to begin a gossiping done.
To then become offended by known facts,
That their footprints have left muddied tracks...
Right back where they defend an inncocence and denial.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Muddied Tracks by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Prej lindjes së një fëmije, skender iljaz braka
- Little Girl, Kyle Schlicher
- Deep Water Haiku Trilogy, Kyle Schlicher
- I tease, hasmukh amathalal
- the sinful lover, RIC S. BASTASA
- retriever for a pet (very rough), lee fones
- Iraq in History, Ima Ryma
- the yes in me, RIC S. BASTASA
- Kalidasa, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- THE PRETTY SEA AND THE HARD ROCKS, MOHAMMAD SKATI