On my shoulder a heap of garment
In two hands two birded cage
In my mind time management
That I love to do with craze!
List of my works to do
Keep growing in a hellish way
Clipping nails polishing shoe
Time is too short for one day!
When to do them you may ask
If all loose ends I’ve to tie
So I take up multitask
There’s not even time to die!
At 8.30 her medicine
9 I must run the pump
I must keep my cheek trim clean
Traitor time not run but jump!
With one hand I push toothbrush
With one eye I keep check on milk
Alertness aids in the morning rush
Time’s too alert for you to bilk!
Stairs to climb windows to open
Pluck some flowers from back garden
Time autocrat hears no bargain
Slow down a bit get a big burden!
I’ve to make time to blow her a kiss
Will be away whole day she’ll miss
While I peck I hold a biscuit
For the dog at the door badly needs it!
I don’t ever think time kind to me
Give me respite a little time free
But chase it hard without relent
A multitasker bent on time management!
In this thankless pursuit I can’t tell thee
If I manage time or time manages me
But one thing sure I make time on the bed
For not just love but what cooks in head!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Multitasking by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- Cross, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- IN LIES! LIES THE WAY TO HELL, Michael P. Johnson
- La-di-da, Bill Galvin
- Labyrinth Of My Dream, Tony Adah
- Balance Your Soul, Lyn Paul
- A Happy and Sad Haiku, Merton Lee
- Plum blossoms, Wenjun Liu
- PH: Echo: Being At Choice, Brian Johnston
- I walked through your woods, Wenjun Liu
- Stray Reflection, Sunny Chopra
- Tagore Song (#13) When He comes to beg me, Tushar Ray