Murder of a child
I saw on the news a little girl was raped and killed
Only 8 years old, her life not yet fulfilled
What prompted that animal to do the things he did?
Why would anyone hurt an innocent little kid?
There will be many How's? Why's? and When's?
All unanswered questions, the asking will never end
The family of the child has to live with the grief
The heartache, the sorrow and the disbelief
What about the killer's family? Didn't they know their son?
Didn't they know that he would kill a little one?
They have to now live with all of the shame
Are they the ones who should be blamed?
Their son is a killer, sick in the head
How would they feel being the parents of the dead?
My heart bleeds for the little girls family and friends
Lets hope this criminal gets what he deserves in the end.
May you rest in peace little one, away from the hurt
Your killer is the lowest of low piece of dirt
He will rot in jail for the rest of his days
He will get his just deserts; he will be made to pay.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Murder of a child by Helen Antonas )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- दिनैनि हराव नांगोलनि जांख्रा, Ronjoy Brahma
- मशाल जलती रहती है..mashaal, hasmukh amathalal
- Beautiful Appearance III, Seyi Rufus Oluwadare
- NIGHT PRAYER, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Broken Promises, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Life Mislaid, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- आयै नोँ आंनि, Ronjoy Brahma
- The scarlet soldier, PRIYANKA BHANDARKAR
- Near Your Heart, Neela Nath
- Digital Creationism, Brian Johnston