Murder of a child
I saw on the news a little girl was raped and killed
Only 8 years old, her life not yet fulfilled
What prompted that animal to do the things he did?
Why would anyone hurt an innocent little kid?
There will be many How's? Why's? and When's?
All unanswered questions, the asking will never end
The family of the child has to live with the grief
The heartache, the sorrow and the disbelief
What about the killer's family? Didn't they know their son?
Didn't they know that he would kill a little one?
They have to now live with all of the shame
Are they the ones who should be blamed?
Their son is a killer, sick in the head
How would they feel being the parents of the dead?
My heart bleeds for the little girls family and friends
Lets hope this criminal gets what he deserves in the end.
May you rest in peace little one, away from the hurt
Your killer is the lowest of low piece of dirt
He will rot in jail for the rest of his days
He will get his just deserts; he will be made to pay.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Murder of a child by Helen Antonas )
- Time Passes By..., Alvin Jenner
- Comments, Frank Avon
- Raining Hay, Julian Mann
- Belief on God, HARIOM RASTOGI
- Creativity, Tex T Sarnie
- Three Small Fancies, Ananta Madhavan
- Sips through lips, Aftab Alam
- The Mature Woman 2, Tex T Sarnie
- Invitation for Re - Opening Ceremony!, sisirachandra vaduge
- Unbarreled Gun, Edwin Cordero
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)