Sana Olivia Hernandez
Possesive of your body,
Controlling of your mind.
Music can be an abusive lover,
But it has a soft side.
Rock to let you scream,
Or Metal if you're more extreme.
Country to sing your heart out,
Opera to sing your lungs out...
Rap to bust some rhymes,
Gospel for blissful Sundays,
Pop to dance away,
And Classical to take you back to the good old days.
Yes, music has many more sides.
From its lure we cannot hide.
I will never leave music's side.
Sana Olivia Hernandez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
(Also, even if the genres don't need to be captilized, I'll keep them like that anyway. :))
Comments about this poem (Music by Sana Olivia Hernandez )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Mousetrap, Herbert Nehrlich
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- If You Could, Brian J. Stafford
- Melancholy of a dreamer, Jonathan De Vocht
- The snow makes me happy., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Nilgiri Tahrs., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Wild boars., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Father Damiern, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Thunder In The Distance, Susan Lacovara
- Grant me Love! Demon., Leylek D. Sovura
- Test is on, Nassy Fesharaki
- Post Script, Susan Lacovara