Must Laugh At Getting Old
The sun is out and the wind is blowing my way
I’m here in the park with my grandson today
There are some kids with which he found to play
But it was for a short time, for their mothers took them away.
So with him I played a game or two of tag, football and
“Steal the old man’s bacon” – he would run and I would just fake it.
We walked over to the exercise course, but those were built
For a strong young horse.
Not even one push up or pull up could I do, I felt so ashamed
And didn’t know what to do.
I thought I was one active young 69 – “man oh man”
I sure am blind! (ha- ha)
I do look young for my age and I feel like a very young man!
But who am I fooling? It’s just my scam.
I can still walk o.k. and jog a little
If you give me some of your cats “tender vittles” (ha-ha)
All of us will look back at our younger years and try to hide our inner fears
Of when you can no longer do it like you did before
Because time has closed that door.
Now the clouds are starting to roll in, and I’ll leave this park with a grin.
And think of how a grandfather played with his grandson
And I wasn’t the only one.
There are others sitting on the benches watching their
When you get old! This becomes the way!
© L. RAMS
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Must Laugh At Getting Old by louis rams )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I am for 'Yes'...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- True Love, Kyle Schlicher
- tell the N in your disorder... never mind, Mandolyn ...
- Flowers in wars., Chakshu Arora
- Today The Sun Is Shining, Kyle Schlicher
- THE PRETTY WATER الماء الرائع, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dandelions In The Spring, Kyle Schlicher
- my chosen life, binod bastola
- Why I'm a Dodge Dart - Haiku, Nvisible 2Luv
- With A Rakhi To Tie The Small Behana Wai.., Bijay Kant Dubey