(in the news) human trafficking and slavery
something that should have gone out
with the dark ages 'still rages'.
human trafficking and slavery for the almighty dollar
and no one to hear the screams and hollers.
young children being forced into prostitution
and not one country with a solution.
parents selling their children to get out of debt
just to make ends meet
a problem which they can not defeat.
yet we classify ourselves as humane?
now that's a crying shame.
if your mother or father was sold as a slave
is that the road that you would pave?
they steal the most precious things
from these boys and girls.
their innocence and their childhood
and turn around and say it's good!
these people say that it's too late
and of no use, to try to stop this
maybe it's time for noahs ark
to reappear, and instill in their hearts
the almightys fear.
but the LORD had done this once before
and we had found another door.
so i guess the solution is not
just for the LORD to decide.
but for all of humanity to see
that this destruction has exceeded their realities.
the LORD has to soften our hearts
and weaken our minds
in the hopes that we will find
all the values we left behind.
'SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND'
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ((in the news) human trafficking and slavery by louis rams )
- Lost Love Redux, Robert Kane
- When I see u, dipa bhattacharyya
- This Flower, Rohit Sapra
- Pretend, dipa bhattacharyya
- This unknown world هذا العالم المجهول, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- IF, dipa bhattacharyya
- This unknown world, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Grace, Scott J. Shepard
- My chidhood poem collection -2, soulful heart
- Pleasant Weather, Royal Flower
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)