Mia La'Niece Washington
Anger is a feeling,
something that can control you
if you let it.
some people take their anger out
on other people, or other things.
i tend to do it differently.
some people write when they are angry
some people draw.
me, im not like any of these people at all.
i dont let my anger show to anyone but me.
i keep my anger to myself
but when it gets to be too much
i just cant control myself
i go to my room and lock the door,
blast my music untill every voice in my head
telling me not to do what im about to do
is just a blurr
i open my drawer,
take out my sissors, and i cut
untill the pain in my arm dulls out
the pain in my heart.....
then im done.
put the sissors away,
turn off the music,
unlock the door,
and go on with my life.......
untill i just cant take it any more.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Anger by Mia La'Niece Washington )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(c. 600 BCE)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death Be Not Proud, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- તે જ જોવાનું..tej jovaanu, hasmukh amathalal
- Sounds, Vera Sidhwa
- The Sounds, Vera Sidhwa
- Absence, Neela Nath
- Not Knowing What Might Have Been, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The rising, gajanan mishra
- Flowing Water, Vera Sidhwa
- Cooling Water, Vera Sidhwa
- May I be allowed, gajanan mishra
- The Green Days, Nhuan LeXuan