Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson
Come all and sunder!
Come rich and poor! !
Come friends and enemies! ! !
Come unto my banquet of merriment! ! ! !
Come to the joyous celebration!
In that train of happiness,
Which forever has crushed the truck of sorrow; and
The road to tears blocked for ages.
Come! And I shall chant those lyrics of hope.
And from the road of perdition thy heart rescue.
For once that road I treaded,
And now, I live to tread it no more.
Come you who are weary! And thy strength take.
From my banquet, thou shall see cause to joy.
And courage thou shall pick;
And forever thy tears dry.
Come without restriction!
Be thou a beggar, thou shalt beg no more;
For in this banquet of mine,
There be enough for thee and even unto thy generation to come.
Come! And the way I'll show thee. But
Thou must dine and wine with me in my banquet,
Which just for thee I prepared and made so rich;
And from there thou shall see the way.
Come! And the secret of life, thee I'll teach.
We live today and tomorrow we die-
What then is life all about?
But full strife and struggle.
Come! And with me on that table of plenty share.
For that is what life deserves:
To eat and wine when you can, but
Never in laziness.
Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Banquet by Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson )
- What is your name?, Aftab Alam
- Heaven, Hell, or the Highway, David Lewis Paget
- Grave fetched, Aftab Alam
- Haiku(Courage), Aftab Alam
- Many Lonely People, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reentry, michael walkerjohn
- Buried Beneath The Waves, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- uncomfortable, maharshi trivedi
- Mexican Food With Jesus, Mr. Nobody
- Sonnet of Pain, Sierra Staten
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)