Bijay Kant Dubey
My Brother, You Forget Not Your Sister On The Eve Of The Raksha Bandhan
My dear brother, you forget not this sister,
Sad for you today, on the eve of Raksha Bandhan
Even if you far away from her,
Wherever you are, she wishing you for to be happy
And this the internal wish of the sister.
With tears into the eyes, she remembers her brother,
Going to the market to pick up and purchase
A colourful rakhi for her brother
To tie on her hand.
Brother, forget not your lovely and dear sister
Who always keeps thinking about
Her brother's well-being and welfare
And this the inner yearnign of every sister.
The colourful wrist band she bringing to tie on the hand
Of the brother,
Only she, none but she knows it,
Can take to it so piously.
The price of love, internal bonding, one cannot give,
You forget not your ssiter
Whatever be the situations binding upon
And compelling you.
The love of a sister, try to feel it
And you will feel it when she will not be nearer to you,
The heart of a sisiter so loving
For her brother.
Bijay Kant Dubey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Brother, You Forget Not Your Sister On The Eve Of The Raksha Bandhan by Bijay Kant Dubey )
Did you read them?
- Never Let Anything Go, Tony Adah
- How Can I Forget You, Akhtar Jawad
- The Music Of The Prayer, Shalom Freedman
- Mere Maula, Mere Maula, Rakesh Sinha
- Fact, Somanathan Iyer
- missing my son, jaquesha webb
- Love is tolerance, Somanathan Iyer
- Flattered lives, Somanathan Iyer
- Live Paintings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Colorless Light, Sandra Feldman
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Art of Disappearing, Naomi Shihab Nye
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Friends Departed, Henry Vaughan
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 July 1870 – 16 July 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)