My childhood school
My childhood school is made of tent but its uniqueness is beautiful,
Where the genius have had their learning of truth, honesty, love & faith.
The soil, the banyan tree & the bell are in a wonderful way,
And that makes my school more special even today.
I made a sudden visit to my childhood’s school,
And I felt proud to have a look at my school from close.
My teachers were there to great me, but they didn’t recognize me for a while,
And I gave them a wonderful surprise by my sudden visit,
The memories of childhood were flowing around me,
I was recollecting my childhood days spent with my friends & teachers,
I wish I could be a child again to learn the best lesson from my teachers,
So that I can make the best memories again for my life.
Stepping in the school made me very much wonderful,
Taking blessings from my teachers and Amma for my destination
I have grown up now, but I am still their little child
Who wants to be always close to them forever
Hearing my words, they felt proud of me,
They did not believe, that I was their poor student who come to see them,
I have swallowed my proud before them,
They are my foundation, on which I am establishing myself.
The most wonderful gift I have received from the Almighty,
That was in the lap of my school where I played my childhood.
Pushkar Bisht's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My childhood school by Pushkar Bisht )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Behind clouds, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Joy, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Life the messenger., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Misconceptions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- JULEKALENDER # IX, Gunnar Mo.
- JULEKALENDER # VI, Gunnar Mo.
- Reflection, Viviana Helianos
- Loveliest friend the life., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Artist, Phil Soar
- Transcending love, Viviana Helianos