MY COUNTRY INDIA..
with the stroke of the midnight,
a new life, a new stride..
a nation was born tender..
a dawn, an awakening to lead, my country INDIA...
the tricolour fluttering,
the winds favourable now seemed..
the struggle of those who bled,
tears of pain and grief...
a new promise was taken,
the demise of the last one when done..
to free our mother INDIA,
an oath, a pledge then and again taken..
let nothing bond her,
let all heavenly reside..
with all new inspirations,
let the people decide..
sixty years, a long time spent..
the new INDIA, is it better than the best?
a lot lost, than achieved..
yet the mother, carresses it's children,
whether good or beast like..
and when the clock would struck tonight,
i would wait, as we pass into the midnight..
and salute the nation this mother of mine..
to whom we should always oblige..
my INDIA, our INDIA..
a nation no one understood..
of intermingling creed,
of love's tender sweep..
considered, lot has to change,
yet, we live, with fears aside..
lets rise above all,
and show the mighty..
of INDIA, our BHARAT,
its love blows with the wind,
i salute u mother, JAI HIND...
nupur singhal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MY COUNTRY INDIA.. by nupur singhal )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 November 1759 – 9 May 1805)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Mangos and Monkeys, Kim Barney
- Mack, Kim Barney
- Who Told You That?, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Two Friends, Kim Barney
- Happy Birthday, Jesus!, Mitta Xinindlu
- Paint my Souls, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Logic in Rhyme 5, Kim Barney
- What about counry, hasmukh amathalal
- Heart on Fire, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- 'Tis a Somewhat Sad Christmas!, Dr John Celes