MY COUNTRY INDIA..
with the stroke of the midnight,
a new life, a new stride..
a nation was born tender..
a dawn, an awakening to lead, my country INDIA...
the tricolour fluttering,
the winds favourable now seemed..
the struggle of those who bled,
tears of pain and grief...
a new promise was taken,
the demise of the last one when done..
to free our mother INDIA,
an oath, a pledge then and again taken..
let nothing bond her,
let all heavenly reside..
with all new inspirations,
let the people decide..
sixty years, a long time spent..
the new INDIA, is it better than the best?
a lot lost, than achieved..
yet the mother, carresses it's children,
whether good or beast like..
and when the clock would struck tonight,
i would wait, as we pass into the midnight..
and salute the nation this mother of mine..
to whom we should always oblige..
my INDIA, our INDIA..
a nation no one understood..
of intermingling creed,
of love's tender sweep..
considered, lot has to change,
yet, we live, with fears aside..
lets rise above all,
and show the mighty..
of INDIA, our BHARAT,
its love blows with the wind,
i salute u mother, JAI HIND...
nupur singhal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MY COUNTRY INDIA.. by nupur singhal )
- The theme is flight, Patricia Spears Jones
- Son Cubano, Patricia Spears Jones
- After Many Years (Tanka), Mihaela Pirjol
- I live and I, gajanan mishra
- Crime & War, Dean Meredith
- This world is messy, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Barriers Within, Namita Sawant
- Ma mate kahuchhi, gajanan mishra
- The New Watch, Terence Murphy
- My mother is telling me, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)