My Dearest Royal Poet Jesus
You have said we now should say goodbye!
Why, Lord? You're always the One Who inspires
This lowly servant what and how to write.
Now You want me to write whatever born out of my heart.
How can I do it, Lord, I am scared, who is holding my hand and pen?
My Love, I shall write about You, only You, or about me with You in it.
The world might think what I am writing is ridiculous or weird;
But I don't care, I never do; for if not about You, nothing is worth
I love You, Lord, You know it, but I still want to say it!
Thousand times, Lord, and thousand upon thousand more times
Until the world is tired of hearing all my childish repetitions,
Which sound so beautiful, most precious to your ears and my heart.
I now solemnly promise You, my Love,
That I will travel far and wide to the farthest remote earth
To sing our love songs, to call souls back to You, my Beloved.
First thing, I will do is to get busy in writing our poem book,
Which is truly Yours for I simply serve as Your instrumental pen;
A royal pen, I guess, as it fits to serve the King;
But by it own carnal being, its so-called beauty is considered as
mediocre second class at best.
Thus bless me now, my Love,
So that I go on to write about my Blessed Jesus
Don Nguyen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Dearest Royal Poet Jesus by Don Nguyen )
- The Sky Above, vikram adhikari
- Burton & Taylor, Bill Grace
- The Echoes rattle, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Where statues from their eyes Shed Tears, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The ghosts and shrouds, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The inward echo, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Be A Man With Humanity, gajanan mishra
- Wild Thyme Of Bearded Hogs, Emmanuel George Cefai
- For Time Was Deep, Emmanuel George Cefai
- I Cant Have You, Tracee Olga
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As Soon as Fred Gets Out of Bed, Jack Prelutsky
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Barbie Doll, Marge Piercy
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(22 March 1941 -)