my definition of freedom
what a simple word.
sweet to the lips yet costs to attain. Who amongst u is really free
Do u even know what it is to be free?
What is ur definition of freedom?
Is it being loose and giving ur body to anyone withiout consensus?
Then how do u percieve feeedom?
Is it despising morals, ethics, respect and correction?
Is that ur meaning of Freedom?
Let me break it down for u.
Freedom, my Freedom, our freedom. Freedom is knowing the extents to wich God went to save ur life but still have respect for humanity.
Freedom is knowing that u don live under law but grace and still cling to this grace.
Freedom is to know that ur records of wrongs have been erased but u still strive for perfecion.
Freedom, My Freedom, Our Freedom.
My freedom is not a vote.
My freedom is not a govt designed system and terminology but My Freedom is the son of God. My Freedom is he who overcame death.
My Freedom is he who was before the beggining began. Freedom My Freedom Our Freedom is Jesus.
mbaimbai phathutshedzo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (my definition of freedom by mbaimbai phathutshedzo )
- Nursery rhyme - Dynosaur, S.D. TIWARI
- The darkness, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Beautiful Soup, Lewis Carroll
- Afternoon in School The Last Lesson, David Herbert Lawrence
- The Nature of Sorrow, Karan Patade
- Ms. butterfly, Kenneth Maswabi
- From 'A Severe Lack of Holiday Spirit', Amy Gerstler
- Keep It Simple, hugh everard
- Mental Fixity, Abhinav Baruah
- The Ballad of the 'Clampherdown', Banjo Paterson
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Lament for Zenocrate, Christopher Marlowe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Blind But Seeing Eye, Eleanor Best
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning