Scott Stanley Davis
I have a dentist who should be in the book of Guinness, now just why? I'll try and apply some wisdom so you just standby. She isn't the biggest or tallest, she's not the richest or the smallest. What she has what no one else has is obvious. She lives in a office full of broken promises of smiles, damaged by long life of trials. It could be a child so don't be beguiled. She can take a silver file and make out of it a smile, and place it in a mouth full of guile. she can take a frown of a person face-down and turn them into a down right clown! and this is just the beginning, for she has the wisdom of prophet and hides it in a Moffat (land in which people are constantly crying and everything hurts) where she takes their pain away, and will even share a glass of champagne. Now you be the judge am I right or wrong, shouldn't there be a book of such things? or am I thinking of angels with wings, who live in Beijing. I am convinced, so my hands are rinsed, my Dentist may not be in your book of guinness, but she is in my book of dreams that when I was a teen and she has brought to pass with a gleam..
Scott Stanley Davis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My Dentist by Scott Stanley Davis )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- hey ass-wipe, i love you, Mandolyn ...
- The Mystery Of Word, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Men who see no day, Zimba Sundrogo
- Handsome and king, hasmukh amathalal
- Stoned by sadness, Nalini Chaturvedi
- The Goodness of a Life-mate (Section-6 .., rajendran muthiah
- Heart to, hasmukh amathalal
- An Ode to my Tree, Kelly Curiel
- foliage, snehanair manikkath
- Love Lures Life! - sonnet-, Manjeshwari P MYSORE