My Dream, My Pet
It lies and sleeps with me
and wakes me up, in the morning.
It sweeps my gloomy sky and
mops the soot of mind's every corner.
the chimney of my kitchen
where I cook my thought..
When the whirling dances
around me setting me on its
light wings it takes, takes me
away from the pangs of
my dull days' diary!
I try to drink Hemlock.
it snatches away the tumbler
and sings lullaby
to push me in deep sleep.
Again it walks gently
on my sleeping eye lids...
I enter into the domain
of fairy tales
by holding its hands.
It is my pet,
whom I have been rearing up
since my childhood days.
It is my Dream!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Dream, My Pet by Neela Nath )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Beautiful Little Christmas, Leah Ayliffe
- aChe HiLLy's Heal - oN thE hEELs oF eVeRy1, sEaN nOrTh
- Biswr, Swrji Basumatary
- Wine, Leong Ming Loong
- PARLIAMENTARY TYRANNY IN NAIROBI, alexander opicho
- Christmas, Paul Sebastian
- Let us not fail, hasmukh amathalal
- Friendship, Luo Zhihai
- Ang Mulugkhw, Swrji Basumatary
- Hounds, Anuradha Bhattacharyya