My Dreams of 'The Land of the Morning Calm' (Regional)
It began on a wonderful summer morning.
It was the most amazing romance around.
She was the most beautiful loving place I have seen.
She was my Seoul,
My lovely 'Land of Morning Calm,
My Loving Korea.
We used to love so well together.
I wanted to smile together, wave to the world,
I wanted to see it all.
But one morning, one great morning,
We decided to smile too much.
Together we kissed a Korean Magpie flying high.
It was respectful, so respectful as a white tiger chasing evil away.
From that moment, our relationship changed.
She grew so modern with bright lights everywhere.
Then it happened:
Oh no! Oh no!
We slept under a cherry blossom tree.
Alas, a cherry blossom tree!
I fell asleep under a cherry blossom tree.
So beautiful, so entertaining my Korean dreams.
The next day I thought my mind had broken,
I thought my dreams had burst into flames,
(But I was actually overreacting a little.)
But still, she is in my thoughts.
I think about how it all changed that morning,
That awesome summer morning.
Only a dream... ouch!
When I think of that beautiful loving site,
That beautiful, loving place.
I miss my Korean dreams.
"Is it possible to miss a place you've never been? To mourn a time you never lived? "
- Jack Harper, "Oblivion"
Ronald Chapman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Dreams of 'The Land of the Morning Calm' (Regional) by Ronald Chapman )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Let It Be on Monday, God, Donal Mahoney
- Rain, Devin Lasker
- Lyrics Lifted Aloft, Saiom Shriver
- Who Are They?, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Broken Marriage, Donal Mahoney
- New York City, Dawson Walter Smith
- I will turn my eyes from you, Nero CaroZiv
- In Concert Tonight, Donal Mahoney
- January 1st,2015, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- In My Dreams, Kyle Schlicher