My Fingers Burn
A memory wakens due to health of the limbs,
My fingers burn and singe with the hearts of contempt,
I never appeared before the icy winds,
Scattered rain was a family of repose.
My stopping was my wailing,
And my wailing became a well
For water to be drunk and trained,
Licking hungrily the memories of acts.
My winter-black heavens were astray in the smog,
Remembering the icy winds and tiring vastness,
Feeling the memories of ice and snow.
This day saw heavens and all the limbs of sight.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Fingers Burn by Naveed Akram )
- I shall sing, hasmukh amathalal
- Thelo (1), Branden Aeling
- Why lord should look, hasmukh amathalal
- A to Z for You, Indranil Bit
- Our bretherne, hasmukh amathalal
- Water has central place, hasmukh amathalal
- Sunset, Littlewing28 Pani
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor