RIC S. BASTASA
my friend how can you ever trace me in that labyrinth?
in that labyrinth once you saw me as the minotaur
i went into hiding and changed my form
i became a faun, and when you found me with my horn and tail
and lots of hair and goat-like musk, i changed again
into another mythological animal,
a dragon spitting fire,
a centaur, a snake with eight heads,
a dinosaur, a sphinx,
a lion, an eagle,
whatever form i assumed, you still find me,
and sometimes i wonder how have you been following me
through and through in this labyrinths of my hiding
and concealment in masks and names
myriad, escapes and exits,
despite all these, you still find me.
i know one thing, but i will not tell you.
The riddle of the Sphinx
you must know, if solved, crumbles my existence
or like a leaf, under too much scorching,
crumples me into dusts.
Please do not tell me the answer.
Make me live a little longer inside your innocence.
Let the chaos stay.
RIC S. BASTASA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (my friend how can you ever trace me in that labyrinth? by RIC S. BASTASA )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- The One-Eyed Astronomer, Francie Lynch
- The Best Book Ever, mary douglas
- Rescue., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Go Live Your Life, Seema Chowdhury
- Main ek phool hun kanto se, jiski nateda.., Aftab Alam
- Let's Make Today Fun, Seema Chowdhury
- LOVE IS LIKE A ROSE, Colin Ian Jeffery
- The Right Answer, Seema Chowdhury
- Faltering is not good, gajanan mishra
- Manassas, I Remember, mary douglas